Call For Papers
Main content start
The Stanford Department of Linguistics is pleased to invite abstracts for submission to WCCFL 40.
Abstracts are invited for 20-minute talks on any theoretical or formal aspect of natural language analysis, including phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, pragmatics, and their interfaces.
Special session on Focus, Prosody, and Ellipsis
WCCFL 40 will include a special session on Focus, Prosody, and Ellipsis. We encourage submissions that engage with the interaction of focus and prosodic factors, as they relate to the matching relation between the antecedent and ellipsis site, and to the licensing of ellipsis. As in the main session, we welcome submissions that draw on a broad array of approaches and methodologies, including fieldwork, corpus analysis, experimental, and psycholinguistic work.
Specifications for abstracts
• Abstracts must be in PDF format.
• Abstracts must not exceed two pages of letter-sized or A4 paper, including data and references.
• Abstracts should have 1″ margins on all sides and use a font no smaller than 11 point.
• Abstracts should have a clear title.
• Abstracts and their metadata should not identify the author(s).
• Submissions are limited to one individual and one joint abstract per author, or two joint abstracts per author.
• Abstracts should not present work that has already been published or accepted for publication.
WCCFL 40 will give preference to new work. For this reason, during the abstract submission process, authors will be asked to inform the Organizing Committee whether their work is under review for publication or has been submitted or accepted for presentation at a major conference. Authors should also notify the Organizing Committee promptly of any change in status of their submissions. (Note that this information will not be shared with reviewers.)
Instructions for abstract submission
• The abstract must be submitted electronically using EasyChair at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wccfl2022.
• Abstract submission deadline: 11:59pm PST on Friday, December 17, 2021. This deadline has now passed and abstract submission is closed.
Please send any questions to the WCCFL 40 Organizing Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.